How long do accident claims take is a question frequently asked by our clients. The length of time claims can take vary from case to case depending on a number of factors. We have resolved cases within 4 months, (these are usually straight forward cases where minor injury is caused and liability is promptly accepted by the party that is at fault for causing the injury), others cases have been resolved within 12 months but others have taken a lot longer.
What you have to remember is a number of organisations have to be contacted to verify that your claim is genuine furthermore, the full extent of your injuries and there impact on you and your standard of living has to be assessed and established by independent experts to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve.
Your case is likely to take longer if the person, organisation or company who is at fault deny that they are. This can and does involve taking the party to court. Should liability be accepted there is no need to to take court action to resolve the issue of liability.
The more complex and serious your injuries are the more time it can take.
To determine if you have a claim and establish the full extent of your injuries a number of investigations have to be made for instance:
* hospital and or your GP records where applicable would have to be obtained,
* if you are still receiving ongoing medical treatment, medical reports on the length of recovery may have to be obtained,
* depending on the nature of your injuries independent medical expert reports may have to be obtained to determine the full extent of your injuries and the impact they would have on you and your standard of living. For instance complex spinal injuries.
* If you are also the owner of the vehicle involved in an accident, assessments of the damage and likely costs have to be looked into.
* If you have incurred any other losses such as lost wages because you have taken time of work, cost of hiring a vehicle, cost of storage etc all this has to be investigated assessed and looked into.
Therefore how long do accident claims take does depend on the personal circumstances of your case as well as whether or not liability is admitted by the other party.
To make a FREE NO OBLIGATION ENQUIRY or to find out if you are entitled to make a claim for compensation contact us FREE on 0800 077 6303 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively simply click the blue button below and complete the form online, we will be in touch with you soon. The enquiry service is Free so you have nothing to worry about.